Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Magical

Sunshine after rain

Sometimes I wake up and feel stuck.  Disoriented.  Yet I know that a special power lay at my fingertips.  Unsure what the future holds, there's one unique moment upon waking, when I get to decide.  Oh there's many more throughout the day but this one is distinctive in my life.

One moment when I get to choose how the day will unfold.

Sometimes my health isn't good and I wake up with pain.  On those days, I try to force a smile and embrace the hope that faking it will make it.  Sometimes, I can't do it.  Sometimes I just want to go back to bed, skipping even the coffee.  (And anyone that knows me knows that that is NO SMALL deal).

I throw some clothing on and make it down the stairs.  My yellow composition book is waiting for me on the coffee table, I grab it and head outside to "my spot" at our cafe table and chair set that overlooks a blue morning sky and tribe of trees.

I start with rambles.  "I did not want to get out of bed today," and go on from there.

Sometimes its monotonous and reminds me of the diary that I had as a young child but then other times, when I sit and listen, describing the world around me, it's as if the world speaks back.

Birds sing, squirrels argue and the butterfly comes to say hello.

Who can stay stuck and disoriented when beauty comes to kiss your cheek?  "Today is going to be a magical day," I say out loud.

Right there.  For me, its always right there.  After writing has saved me, I get to decide how my day will turn out.

And I say it will be magical.



6 comments:

  1. Writing saves...art saves...tools from God to fill us and inspire us and heal us. Thank you for reminding me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are constantly inspiring me with your art and your words. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post. I agree. Writing gives me peace. I found this out yesterday after writing in my journal, I felt so much inner calm. And it was magical when I lay down to sleep. A thousand images came to my mind, but not ones that distracted sleep. Only ones that were beautiful and encouraged sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice to know that we aren't alone? I loved reading your comment, made me breathe a deep sigh of relief. "She gets me."

      Delete
  3. You are making my heart ache to write. I need to listen to it. But for some reason I've been hesitant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you use the word "ache" here. I'm on a journey to listen to those aches within my soul. Listen with me? Write those words that ache for release. Even if nobody but you sees them. :)

      Delete